Visitors to Dunedin are sure to enjoy the marina, breweries and seafood restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its baseball games. Top sights around the area include Clearwater Marine Aquarium, Pier 60 Park and Sand Key Park.
- You'll find 3364 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of St. Petersburg - Clearwater
- The closest major airport is in St. Petersburg, FL (PIE-St. Petersburg-Clearwater Intl.), 10.3 mi (16.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Tampa, FL (TPA-Tampa Intl.), 15.4 mi (24.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dunedin
The city's cultural venues include Dunedin Fine Art Center and Dunedin Historical Society and Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the sunsets and Tampa Bay. Top activities include exploring the waterfront and cycling, while Dunedin Stadium, Dunedin Marina and Dunedin Golf Club are favourite sights to visit.
In Clearwater, you'll find 101 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Beyond The Wall Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Fenway Hotel Autograph Collection - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Meranova Bed & Breakfast - This 4-star inn in Downtown Dunedin features an outdoor pool, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to see in the area include Clearwater Marine Aquarium, located 4.6 mi (7.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Pier 60 Park, which is 5 mi/8 km away.
Dressing for Dunedin
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 26°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 11°C
- From April to June, the average is 32°C during the day and 16°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 31°C as the daytime average and 11°C as the night-time average
- About 1390 millimetres of rain falls on Dunedin each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 33°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 12°C