Search Hotels in Tampa, FL
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 24 Nov 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 18 Oct 2020
Where to stay in Tampa
4.5/5Wonderful!(13 area reviews)
Find much that’s new and exciting here, with investment and energy revitalizing the waterfront into somewhere to see, be seen and experience.
5/5Exceptional!(1 area review)
Learn about the diverse history of Tampa’s enthralling Latin Quarter and find out why it’s known as the Cigar City.
Historic homes and fine dining abound next to Downtown Tampa. Here it’s easy to develop a taste for the finer things in life.
SoHo is popular for its abundant dining options, and you can check out Tampa Bay, a top attraction in the neighbourhood.
Though East Tampa may not have many top sights, you can venture to the surrounding area to see attractions like Ritz Ybor and Orpheum Theater.
Travellers to Tampa give high marks for the theatre, live music scene and exciting football matches. This city also attracts tourists with its gardens, festivals and entertainment. Top sights in the city include Tampa Theater, Tampa Riverwalk and Tampa Museum of Art.
- There are 716 hotels and other accommodation options in Tampa
- The closest major airport is in Tampa, FL (TPF-Peter O. Knight), 2.5 mi (4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Tampa, FL (TPA-Tampa Intl.), 5.2 mi (8.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tampa
Known for its theatres, live music and festivals, the city's cultural venues include Tampa Theater, Tampa Museum of Art and Tampa Bay History Center. Attractions like Florida Aquarium, Lowry Park Zoo and Busch Gardens Tampa Bay are fun for kids of all ages. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and these places to visit: Tampa Bay, Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park and Lettuce Lake Park.
Other favourite sights in Tampa include Tampa Riverwalk, Amalie Arena and Port of Tampa. In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Great Explorations Children's Museum, located 15.5 mi (25 km) from the heart of the city, and Sunken Gardens, which is 15.5 mi/25 km away.
Getting around Tampa
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Tampa Union Station. Tampa might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Tampa
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 11°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, whilst the average at night is 16°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 32°C with night-time averages of 22°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and night-time averages of 11°C
- Tampa gets about 1176 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 32°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 12°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Tampa?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Tampa, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Tampa?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to Tampa?
What's the best accommodation for a couple visiting Tampa?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Tampa?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Tampa?
What's the best high-end hotel in Tampa?
What's the best boutique hotel in Tampa?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Tampa?
Tampa Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Tampa by Star Rating
- Hotels near Tampa Airports
- Areas of Tampa
- Accommodation near Tampa Attractions
- More accommodation types in Tampa
- Choose Your Tampa Hotel Style
- Search Tampa Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Tampa
- Hotels Near Tampa, Florida
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends