Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 31 Dec 2020
Reviewed on 26 Dec 2020
Reviewed on 18 Jan 2021
Where to stay in St. Petersburg
Visiting St. Petersburg
Travellers to St. Petersburg give high marks for the live music scene, theatre and baseball games. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, entertainment and art. Top sights in the city include Museum of Fine Arts, Salvador Dali Museum and Tropicana Field.
- You'll find 3430 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of St. Petersburg - Clearwater
- The closest major airport is in St. Petersburg, FL (SPG-Albert Whitted), 0.5 mi (0.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in St. Petersburg, FL (PIE-St. Petersburg-Clearwater Intl.), 9.9 mi (16 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in St. Petersburg
Known for its live music, theatres and museums, the city's cultural venues include Museum of Fine Arts, Salvador Dali Museum and Great Explorations Children's Museum. The city's natural beauty is on display at Sunken Gardens, Vinoy Park and Tampa Bay. Baseball fans will find lots to cheer about, while everyone can enjoy an event or game at Tropicana Field, Al Lang Stadium or Derby Lane.
Outside the city, top places to visit include John's Pass Village & Boardwalk, 8.9 mi/14.4 km from the heart of the city, and MacDill Air Force Base, which is 10.5 mi/16.8 km away.
Dressing for St. Petersburg
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 25°C and the night-time average to be 12°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 33°C during the day and 17°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 31°C during the day and 12°C at night
- St. Petersburg gets about 1290 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 33°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 13°C