Families will find kid-friendly activities in Tamarac, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's aquarium, entertainment choices and live music. BB&T Center, Sawgrass Mills and Fort Lauderdale Stadium are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 2978 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Fort Lauderdale
- The closest major airport is in Fort Lauderdale, FL (FXE-Fort Lauderdale Executive), 5.5 mi (8.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL-Fort Lauderdale - Hollywood Intl.), 11.6 mi (18.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tamarac
A couple of favourite places to visit are Veterans Park and Woodmont Country Club. In the area, you'll also find BB&T Center and Sawgrass Mills.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 11 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Tamarac. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale West-Sawgrass/Tamarac - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and convenient parking.
- Comfort Suites Sawgrass - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Fort Lauderdale Stadium, 6.2 mi/9.9 km from the heart of the city, and Seminole Casino Coconut Creek, which is 6.2 mi (10 km) away.
Dressing for Tamarac
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 14°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, whilst the average at night is 18°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 33°C with night-time averages of 24°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and night-time averages of 15°C
- Tamarac gets about 1487 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 33°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 15°C