Families will find kid-friendly activities in Sunrise, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its hockey games, live music and theatres. Top sights in the city include BB&T Center and Sawgrass Mills.
- You'll find 2978 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Fort Lauderdale
- The closest major airport is in Fort Lauderdale, FL (FXE-Fort Lauderdale Executive), 8 mi (12.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL-Fort Lauderdale - Hollywood Intl.), 11.1 mi (17.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sunrise
The city is well known for its live music and theatres, and BB&T Center is a local cultural venue. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the sunrises and such places to visit as Volunteer Park and Markham Park. Shopping is a favourite activity, so consider an excursion to Sawgrass Mills and VF Outlet.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 11 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Sunrise. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Sunrise - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Sunrise Sawgrass Mills - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Sawgrass Grand - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and an indoor pool, along with a private balcony. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
Top places to see outside the city include Weston Town Center, located 6.9 mi (11.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Fort Lauderdale Stadium, which is 8.7 mi (14 km) away.
Dressing for Sunrise
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 27°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 14°C
- From April to June, the average is 32°C during the day and 18°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 31°C as the daytime average and 15°C as the night-time average
- Sunrise gets about 1487 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 33°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 15°C