Visiting St. Helier
History buffs will enjoy exploring St. Helier, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, relaxing spas and shopping. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its museums and bars. Top sights in the city include Jersey Museum & Art Gallery, Elizabeth Castle and Port of Jersey.
- There are 35 hotels and other accommodation options in St. Helier
- The closest major airport is in Jersey (JER), 4.2 mi (6.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Guernsey (GCI), 27.9 mi (44.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in St. Helier
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Jersey Museum & Art Gallery, Jersey Opera House and Jersey Arts Centre. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Elizabeth Castle and St. Matthew's Church (Glass Church). The picturesque setting of St. Helier Beach and Havre des Pas exemplify the city's natural beauty.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 35 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in St. Helier. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel de France - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and beach locale.
- The Inn Boutique - Jersey - Our customers like the proximity to public transport and comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Royal Yacht - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and free breakfast, along with an in-room coffee machine. Expedia customers like its bar and convenient parking.
Other top sights in St. Helier include Port of Jersey. Outside the city, top places to visit include La Hougue Bie, 2.3 mi/3.7 km from the heart of the city, and Jersey War Tunnels - German Underground Hospital, which is 2.8 mi (4.4 km) away.
Dressing for St. Helier
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be 4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and 6°C at night
- St. Helier gets about 29 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 5°C