Visitors can enjoy all that Gorey has to offer including the waterfront, seafood restaurants and shopping. The welcoming and walkable setting also entices those visiting the city. Mont Orgueil Castle, La Hougue Bie and Jersey Zoological Park (Jersey Zoo) are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodation options in Gorey
- The closest major airport is in Jersey (JER), 7.3 mi (11.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Guernsey (GCI), 29.9 mi (48.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gorey
Notable city landmarks like Mont Orgueil Castle and Faldouet Dolmen might be worth a visit. Additionally, you might want to add Greve de Lecq to your agenda.
As you start planning your visit to Gorey, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 71 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Maison Gorey Hotel is located in central Gorey. This 2.5-star hotel in Gorey features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Our customers like its breakfast and clean rooms.
- Old Bank House Hotel is located in the heart of Gorey. This 3-star hotel in Gorey features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff.
- The Dolphin Hotel is located within 0.4 mi (0.7 km) of the city centre. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Gorey can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include La Hougue Bie, located 1.5 mi (2.4 km) from the city centre, and Jersey Zoological Park (Jersey Zoo), which is 2.6 mi/4.3 km away.
Dressing for Gorey
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and 4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, whilst the average at night is 6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 12°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and night-time averages of 6°C
- About 803.70 millimetres of rain falls on Gorey each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 5°C