Visiting Southwest Austin
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Southwest Austin, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the riverfront, shopping and golf courses. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment. Top sights around the area include Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, Zilker Park and Zilker Botanical Garden.
- There are 56 hotels and other accommodation options in Southwest Austin
- The closest major airport is in Austin, TX (AUS-Austin-Bergstrom Intl.), 10.5 mi (17 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Southwest Austin
The rivers and hiking trails exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Garrison Park and Joslin Park. Shopping is one of the favourite things to do, so consider an excursion to Barton Square Mall, South Towne Square and Sunset Valley Marketfair. Golfing is a top activity, and Lost Creek Country Club is one place to visit.
In Austin, there are 56 accommodation choices and hotels to make it easy to plan your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Southwest - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in East Oak Hill can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its central location and helpful staff.
- Hampton Inn Austin/Oak Hill - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in East Oak Hill can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa - Guests who stay at this 4-star resort in Cabin Ridge Estates can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet location and WiFi.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, 3.7 mi/6 km from the heart of the city, and Zilker Park, which is 4.7 mi/7.6 km away.
Dressing for Southwest Austin
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 25°C and the night-time average to be 5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 34°C during the day and 13°C at night
- July to September averages 37°C during the day and 18°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 30°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Southwest Austin gets about 871.90 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 35°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 6°C