Visitors to Southgate are sure to enjoy the restaurants, shopping and sporting events. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music and stargazing spots. Around the area, top sights include Henry Ford Museum, Detroit Windsor Tunnel and Cobo Center.
- You'll find 468 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Detroit
- The closest major airport is in Detroit, MI (DTW-Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County), 7.4 mi (11.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Windsor, ON (YQG), 13 mi (20.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Southgate
Henry Ford Museum, Detroit Windsor Tunnel and Cobo Center are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find MotorCity Casino and Little Caesars Arena.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Southgate. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Detroit/Southgate - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Comfort Suites Southgate - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Detroit Southgate - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include GM Renaissance Center, located 12.1 mi (19.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Fox Theatre, which is 12.1 mi/19.5 km away.
Dressing for Southgate
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be -8°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and -6°C at night
- Southgate gets about 29 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 28°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -6°C