Families will find kid-friendly activities in Southfield, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This cosy city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and shopping. Around the area, top sights include Detroit Zoo, Motown Historical Museum and Henry Ford Museum.
- You'll find 470 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Detroit
- The closest major airport is in Detroit, MI (DET-Coleman A. Young Municipal), 13.2 mi (21.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Pontiac, MI (PTK-Oakland County Intl.), 15.7 mi (25.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Southfield
University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include Lawrence Technological University and Oakland Community College Southfield Campus. Additionally, you might want to add International Auto Components Headquarters to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 19 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Southfield. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Comfort Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Best Western Premier Detroit Southfield Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- Detroit Marriott Southfield - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool and free parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Detroit Zoo, 4.8 mi/7.7 km from the city centre, and Motown Historical Museum, which is 11.3 mi (18.1 km) away.
Dressing for Southfield
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be -10°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and -2°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 19°C during the day and -8°C at night
- About 809 millimetres of rain falls on Southfield each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 27°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -9°C