Visiting Madison Heights
Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Madison Heights, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its entertainment and cafes. Top sights around the area include Detroit Zoo, Motown Historical Museum and Detroit Institute of Arts.
- You'll find 489 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Detroit
- The closest major airport is in Detroit, MI (DET-Coleman A. Young Municipal), 9.3 mi (15 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Windsor, ON (YQG), 18.8 mi (30.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Madison Heights
A favourite place to visit in the city is Red Oaks Waterpark. Additionally, in the area you'll find Detroit Zoo and Motown Historical Museum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 13 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Madison Heights. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Detroit/Madison Heights/South Troy - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Baymont by Wyndham Madison Heights Detroit Area - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Motel 6 Detroit Northeast - Madison Heights - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Detroit Institute of Arts, located 11.3 mi (18.2 km) from the city centre, and Charles H. Wright Museum of African-American History, which is 11.4 mi (18.4 km) away.
Dressing for Madison Heights
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and -10°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 27°C, whilst the average at night is -2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 28°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 19°C and night-time averages of -8°C
- Madison Heights gets about 808.10 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 27°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -9°C