Visiting Siem Reap
History buffs will enjoy exploring Siem Reap, and visitors give high marks for the temples, local tours and lively bar scene. This cultural city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights in the city include Pub Street, Angkor Wat and Angkor Night Market.
- There are 777 hotels and other accommodation options in Siem Reap
- The closest major airport is in Siem Reap (REP-Siem Reap Intl.), 4.5 mi (7.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Siem Reap
Cultural venues in the city include Angkor National Museum, War Museum Cambodia and Siem Reap Art Center. Its temples and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Angkor Wat, Siem Reap Royal Residence and Angkor Bayon. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the sunrises and these places to visit: Royal Garden, Angkor Archaeological Park and Tonle Sap Lake.
In Prasat Bakong, you can choose from 777 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Shintana Saya Residence - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and breakfast.
- Viroth's Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and quiet location at this hotel. This 4.5-star hotel in Downtown Siem Reap features a full-service spa, free breakfast and a restaurant.
- Ung-D Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with a private spa tub. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favourite sights in Siem Reap include Pub Street, Angkor Night Market and Cambodian Cultural Village.
Dressing for Siem Reap
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 34°C during the day and 19°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 35°C, whilst the average at night is 24°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 32°C with night-time averages of 23°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and night-time averages of 19°C
- Average annual rainfall for Siem Reap is 83 millimetres
- Usually April and March are the hottest months with an average of 34°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 20°C