Search Hotels in Sandwich
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 10 Oct 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 22 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 29 Apr 2019
Reviewed on 31 Aug 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Sandwich, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and cultural, this city will delight tourists with its bars, riverfront and gardens. Top sights in the city include Royal St George's Golf Club and North Sea. In Sandwich, there are 14 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Sandwich
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Sandwich Guildhall Museum, St Peter's Church, and St. Clement's Church. The rivers and gardens highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including North Sea, Sandwich Bay Beach and Secret Gardens of Sandwich. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Royal St George's Golf Club and Prince's Golf Club.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 14 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Sandwich. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Salutation - Amenities at this 4.5-star guesthouse include free parking and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- The Bell Hotel - Our customers like the beach locale and comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- The Five Bells - This 3.5-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include White Cliffs of Dover, located 9.5 mi (15.2 km) from the city centre, and Dover Castle, which is 9.9 mi (16 km) away.
Getting around Sandwich
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Sandwich Station. Sandwich might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Sandwich
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Sandwich gets about 697 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Sandwich?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Sandwich, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday to Sandwich?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Sandwich?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Sandwich?
What's the best hotel in Sandwich to be near historical sites?
What are some hotels with pools in Sandwich?
Sandwich Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Sandwich by Star Rating
- Hotels near Sandwich Airports
- Accommodation near Sandwich Attractions
- More accommodation types in Sandwich
- Choose Your Sandwich Hotel Style
- Search Sandwich Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Sandwich
- Hotels Near Sandwich, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends