Budget-minded travellers will find a good deal in Birchington, but all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the bars and restaurants. Visitors can also indulge in all the fine qualities that this welcoming, walkable and seaside city has to offer, including its gardens, shopping and coffeehouses.
- You'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- January is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas February is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Manston (MSE-Kent Intl.), 4 mi (6.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Birchington
- Popular family attractions include Wingham Wildlife Park, Sandwich Bay Bird Observatory Trust, and Howletts Wild Animal Park
- Notable landmarks include All Saints Birchington, Quex Park, and Quex Park and The Powell-Cotton Museum
- The the sea and gardens highlight the natural beauty, and Minnis Bay, Jungle Jim's, and West Bay Beach are several places worth visiting
- Shopping is first class in the area, and Westwood Cross Shopping Centre is a favourite spot for retail therapy
Getting around Birchington
Birchington has plenty of options for transport. If you want to venture outside of the area, take a train from Birchington-On-Sea Station.
Staying in Birchington
You may appreciate The Seaview Hotel for a romantic getaway or boutique stay.
A favourite with Expedia travellers is The Seaview Hotel with a 3.2 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Birchington
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, while the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and nighttime averages of 3°C
- About 26 millimetres of rain falls on Birchington each year