Visitors to Portstewart are sure to enjoy the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, entertainment choices and live music. Giant's Causeway, Royal Portrush Golf Club and Dunluce Castle are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 33 hotels and other accommodation options in Portstewart
- The closest major airport is in Londonderry (LDY-City of Derry), 20.2 mi (32.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Portstewart
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and Portstewart Strand. Additionally, in the area you'll find Giant's Causeway and Royal Portrush Golf Club.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Portstewart. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Cul Erg House - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Carnalbanagh House - Our customers love the comfortable rooms and walkable location at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a library, along with an in-room fridge.
- The New York Inn Portstewart - This 3.5-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, quiet rooms.
Popular places to see outside the city include Dunluce Castle, located 5.6 mi (9.1 km) from the city centre, and Old Bushmills Distillery, which is 7.9 mi/12.6 km away.
Dressing for Portstewart
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and 3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 15°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 16°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 13°C and night-time averages of 5°C
- Average annual rainfall for Portstewart is 35 millimetres
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 15°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 4°C