Visitors to Coleraine are sure to enjoy the gardens and riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its golf courses. Around the area, top sights include Giant's Causeway, Royal Portrush Golf Club and Dunluce Castle.
- There are 25 hotels and other accommodation options in Coleraine
- The closest major airport is in Londonderry (LDY-City of Derry), 19 mi (30.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Belfast (BFS-Belfast Intl.), 32.4 mi (52.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Coleraine
The city is notable for landmarks like Hezlett House, Bishops Gate and Downhill Palace. The gardens, countryside and rivers exemplify the city's natural beauty, and places to visit include Portstewart Strand and Castlerock Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Castlerock Golf Course and Mussenden Temple.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Coleraine. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Brown Trout Golf & Country Inn - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- The Lodge Hotel - Our customers like the bar and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Top places to visit around the area include Giant's Causeway, 15.1 mi/24.3 km from the city centre, and Royal Portrush Golf Club, which is 11 mi (17.8 km) away.
Dressing for Coleraine
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 18°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 18°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Coleraine gets about 31 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 18°C, while March and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C