Visitors to Portrush are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses and theme park. Top sights around the area include Giant's Causeway, Royal Portrush Golf Club and Dunluce Castle.
- There are 42 hotels and other accommodation options in Portrush
- The closest major airport is in Londonderry (LDY-City of Derry), 23.1 mi (37.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Portrush
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Portrush East Strand Beach, Portrush West Strand Beach and White Rocks Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Royal Portrush Golf Club and Dunluce Centre.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 42 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Portrush. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- All Seasons B&B - Amenities at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast include free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Anvershiel House - Our customers like the beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free parking.
- Portrush Holiday Hostel - This 2-star hostel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Giant's Causeway, 6 mi/9.7 km from the city centre, and Dunluce Castle, which is 2.8 mi (4.6 km) away.
Getting around Portrush
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Portrush Station. Portrush may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Portrush
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and 3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 15°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 16°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 13°C and night-time averages of 5°C
- Portrush gets about 35 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 15°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 4°C