Visitors to Portofino are sure to enjoy the port. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafes and monuments. Top sights around the area include Luigi Ferraris Stadium, Medieval Gates (Porta Soprana) and Chiossone Museum of Oriental Art (Museo d'Arte Orientale).
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodation options in Portofino
- The closest major airport is in Genoa (GOA-Cristoforo Colombo), 19.3 mi (31.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Portofino
Notable city landmarks like Castello Brown and Church of St. Martin might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and such places to visit as Paraggi Beach and Portofino Regional Park. Exploring the port is a top activity, and Portofino Marina is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Portofino. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Belmond Hotel Splendido - This 5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Hotel Piccolo Portofino - Our customers like the beach locale and convenient parking at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Hotel Eden Portofino - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and room size.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Luigi Ferraris Stadium, 14.9 mi/24 km from the heart of the city, and Medieval Gates (Porta Soprana), which is 15.3 mi (24.6 km) away.
Dressing for Portofino
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 15°C during the day and 5°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 25°C, whilst the average at night is 9°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 27°C with night-time averages of 16°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 22°C and night-time averages of 5°C
- About 1288 millimetres of rain falls on Portofino each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 26°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 6°C