Hotels in Genoa, Italy
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Where to stay in Genoa
Genoa Historical Centre
4.5/5Wonderful!(72 area reviews)
Genoa Historical Centre is popular for its waterfront views, and if you're looking for more to see and do, you might think about a trip to Cattedrale di San Lorenzo or Doge's Palace.
When in Boccadasse, you can plan a visit to Fiera di Genova and Museo Civico di Storia Naturale di Genova, some noteworthy sights in the nearby area.
4.5/5Wonderful!(15 area reviews)
If you're spending some time in San Vincenzo, Piazza de Ferrari and Medieval Gates (Porta Soprana) are top sights worth seeing.
4.5/5Wonderful!(41 area reviews)
If you're spending some time in Prè, Royal Palace and Christopher Columbus Monument are top sights worth seeing.
While Albaro isn't home to many top sights, Luigi Ferraris Stadium and Fiera di Genova are some notable places to visit nearby.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Genoa, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port, must-see aquarium and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this walkable city can discover its museums, cafes and monuments. Top sights in the city include Piazza de Ferrari, Palazzo Ducale and Medieval Gates (Porta Soprana).
- There are 642 hotels and other accommodation options in Genoa
- The closest major airport is in Genoa (GOA-Cristoforo Colombo), 4.1 mi (6.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Genoa
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include National Ligurian Gallery at the Spinola Palace (Galleria Nazionale di Palazzo Spinola), Chiossone Museum of Oriental Art (Museo d'Arte Orientale) and Genoa Port Center. Attractions like Aquarium of Genoa and Passeggiata di Anita Garibaldi are fun for everyone, not just kids. Its historic sites and monuments are notable and landmarks include Piazza de Ferrari, Palazzo Ducale and Medieval Gates (Porta Soprana).
In Rapallo, you'll find 642 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily organise your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- La Civetta Bianca - Amenities at this townhouse include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hotel Genova Liberty - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel in San Vincenzo features free breakfast, free WiFi and laundry facilities.
- Vittoria Rooms - This townhouse in San Vincenzo features free WiFi and parking. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favourite sights in Genoa include Cattedrale di San Lorenzo, Torre degli Embriaci and Santa Maria di Castello. Outside the city, popular places to see include Serravalle Designer Outlet, 23.1 mi/37.2 km from the heart of the city, and San Fruttuoso Abbey, which is 13.5 mi (21.7 km) away.
Getting around Genoa
With so many transport options, exploring Genoa is easy. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Genoa Genova Brignole Station, Genoa Piazza Principe Station or Genoa Via di Francia Station. You can explore water transport options at the port.
Dressing for Genoa
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 15°C and the night-time average to be 5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 25°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 22°C during the day and 5°C at night
- About 1275.00 millimetres of rain falls on Genoa each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 26°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 6°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Genoa?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Genoa, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Genoa?
What's the best place to stay when travelling with children to Genoa?
What's the best hotel for a couple going to Genoa?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Genoa?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Genoa?
What's the best luxury hotel in Genoa?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Genoa?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Genoa?
Where's the best place to stay in Genoa that's close to historical sites?
Genoa Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Genoa by Star Rating
- Hotels near Genoa Airports
- Areas of Genoa
- Accommodation near Genoa Attractions
- More accommodation types in Genoa
- Choose Your Genoa Hotel Style
- Search Genoa Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Genoa
- Hotels Near Genoa, Liguria
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends