Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Phuket, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, shopping and top-notch restaurants. Relaxing and cultural, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. Top sights in the city include Chalong Temple, Phuket Aquarium and Jungceylon Shopping Center.
- There are 3660 hotels and other accommodation options in Phuket
- The closest major airport is in Phuket (HKT-Phuket Intl.), 16.7 mi (26.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Krabi (KBV-Krabi Intl.), 43.1 mi (69.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Phuket
Cultural venues in the city include Phuket Trickeye Museum, Siam Niramit Phuket and Simon Cabaret. Attractions like Phuket Aquarium, Phuket Fantasea and Splash Jungle Water Park are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Chalong Temple, Big Buddha and Tsunami Memorial.
In Wichit, you'll find 3660 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Naka Resort - With a stay at this 3-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Six Senses Yao Noi - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this resort. With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a private beach, along with a private pool.
- Navatara Phuket Resort - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favourite sights in Phuket include Jungceylon Shopping Center, Bangla Road and Patong Beach. In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Khlong Muang Beach, located 27.5 mi (44.3 km) from the heart of the city, and Tonsai Pier, which is 27.7 mi (44.6 km) away.
Dressing for Phuket
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 34°C during the day and 22°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 34°C, whilst the average at night is 24°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 24°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and night-time averages of 23°C
- Phuket gets about 74 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually March and February are the hottest months with an average of 34°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 22°C