Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 10 Feb 2020
Reviewed on 2 Jan 2020
Visitors to Petersfield are sure to enjoy the bars and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its parks. Top sights around the area include Jane Austen's House Museum, Weald and Downland Open Air Museum and Fishbourne Roman Palace.
- There are 20 hotels and other accommodation options in Petersfield
- The closest major airport is in Southampton (SOU), 18.1 mi (29.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LGW-Gatwick), 35.9 mi (57.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Petersfield
The picturesque setting of Petersfield Physic Garden and Meon Valley exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add Uppark to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Petersfield. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bootmenders B&B - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its convenient parking and quiet location.
- The Good Intent - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this inn. This 3.5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
Popular places to see in the area include Jane Austen's House Museum, 9.4 mi/15.1 km from the city centre, and Weald and Downland Open Air Museum, which is 10.6 mi (17.1 km) away.
Getting around Petersfield
If you want to venture outside the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Petersfield Station. Petersfield might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Petersfield
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- Average annual rainfall for Petersfield is 25 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Petersfield?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Petersfield, will I receive a refund?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday in Petersfield?
Petersfield Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Petersfield by Star Rating
- Hotels near Petersfield Airports
- Accommodation near Petersfield Attractions
- More accommodation types in Petersfield
- Choose Your Petersfield Hotel Style
- Search Petersfield Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Petersfield
- Hotels Near Petersfield, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends