Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 16 Jan 2020
Reviewed on 5 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 6 Jan 2021
Reviewed on 13 Dec 2020
Reviewed on 16 Nov 2020
Reviewed on 15 Jan 2021
Reviewed on 3 Jan 2021
Travellers to Mystic give high marks for the bustling port, must-see aquarium and casinos. Tourists who journey to this cosy city can discover its museums, shopping and seafood restaurants. Top sights in the city include Mystic Seaport, Mystic Seaport - The Museum of America and the Sea and Mystic Aquarium and Institute for Exploration.
- You'll find 141 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Mystic - New London
- The closest major airport is in New London, CT (GON-Groton - New London), 4.4 mi (7.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Fishers Island, NY (FID-Elizabeth Field), 7.7 mi (12.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mystic
The city is well known for its museums and cultural venues like Mystic Seaport - The Museum of America and the Sea and Mystic Arts Center. The city is notable for landmarks like Mystic River Bascule Bridge, Charles W. Morgan at Mystic Seaport and Steamboat Sabino at Mystic Seaport. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Olde Mistick Village is a favourite for retail therapy.
Other top sights in Mystic include Mystic Seaport and Mystic Aquarium and Institute for Exploration. Popular places to visit outside the city include Foxwoods Resort Casino, located 8.3 mi (13.4 km) from the city centre, and Mohegan Sun Arena, which is 11.3 mi/18.2 km away.
Getting around Mystic
With so many ways to get around, exploring Mystic is simple. If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Mystic Station. You can find out about your water travel options at the local port.
Dressing for Mystic
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -5°C
- From April to June, the average is 26°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 20°C as the daytime average and -4°C as the night-time average
- About 1262 millimetres of rain falls on Mystic each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 27°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -4°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Mystic?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Mystic, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Mystic?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to Mystic?
What's the best accommodation for couples in Mystic?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Mystic?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in Mystic?
What's the best boutique hotel in Mystic?
Where's the best place to stay for some casino gaming in Mystic?
Mystic Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Mystic by Star Rating
- Hotels near Mystic Airports
- Accommodation near Mystic Attractions
- More accommodation types in Mystic
- Choose Your Mystic Hotel Style
- Search Mystic Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Mystic
- Hotels Near Mystic, Connecticut
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends