Visiting Mount Jackson
Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Mount Jackson, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's wineries and coffee shops. A top sight in the city is George Washington National Forest.
- You'll find 161 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Luray
- The closest major airport is in Weyers Cave, VA (SHD-Shenandoah Valley Regional), 36.1 mi (58.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Mount Jackson
A couple of favourite places to visit are George Washington National Forest and Cave Ridge Vineyard. Additionally, you'll find Luray Caverns in the area.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Mount Jackson. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Widow Kip's Country Inn - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and a computer station. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and WiFi.
- Motel 6 MT. Jackson - Shenandoah - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this motel. This 2-star motel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
Dressing for Mount Jackson
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 15°C and the night-time average to be -7°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 22°C during the day and -6°C at night
- Mount Jackson gets about 947 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of -6°C