Visitors to Culpeper are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafes, monuments and entertainment choices. A top sight in the area is Montpelier.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodation options in Culpeper
- The closest major airport is in Manassas, VA (MNZ-Manassas Regional), 32.3 mi (52 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Charlottesville, VA (CHO-Charlottesville-Albemarle), 32.4 mi (52.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Culpeper
The city's cultural venues include The Museum of Culpeper History and The State Theatre. Notable city landmarks like Culpeper National Cemetery and St. Stephen's Episcopal Church might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Belmont Farms Distillery and Old House Vineyards.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Culpeper. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Suites at 249 - This 2-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and a 24-hour fitness centre. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its proximity to shopping and room size.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Culpeper - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi.
- Red Carpet Inn - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean rooms.
A top sight outside the city is Montpelier, located 18 mi (28.9 km) from the city centre.
Getting around Culpeper
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Culpeper Station. Culpeper might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Culpeper
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -5°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 24°C as the daytime average and -4°C as the night-time average
- Culpeper gets about 988.30 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 30°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -5°C