Visiting Front Royal
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Front Royal, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy the city's rivers and monuments.
- You'll find 77 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Winchester
- The closest major airport is in Martinsburg, WV (MRB-Eastern West Virginia Regional), 34.8 mi (56.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Washington, DC (IAD-Washington Dulles Intl.), 39.4 mi (63.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Front Royal
Cultural venues in the city include Front Royal Visitor's Center, Warren Rifles Confederate Museum and Blue Ridge Arts Council and Gallery. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Belle Boyd Cottage. The mountains and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Front Royal Entrance Shenandoah National Park, Skyline Caverns and Dickey Ridge Visitor Center.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Front Royal. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Relax Inn Motel - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this motel. This 2-star motel features free WiFi, free parking and a 24-hour front desk.
- Twi-Lite Motel - This 2-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Front Royal
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the night-time average to be -5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and -5°C at night
- Front Royal gets about 1040 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of -4°C