Visitors can enjoy all that Washington has to offer including the wineries, art and theatres. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and restaurants. A top sight in the area is Luray Caverns.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodation options in Washington
- The closest major airport is in Manassas, VA (MNZ-Manassas Regional), 35.5 mi (57.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Washington, DC (IAD-Washington Dulles Intl.), 41.9 mi (67.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Washington
The city's cultural venues include R.H. Ballard Shop & Gallery and The Theatre at Washington. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Little Washington Winery and Gadino Cellars.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Washington. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Inn At Little Washington - This 5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- White Moose Inn - Our customers like the comfortable rooms and walkable location at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Luray Caverns, located 17.3 mi (27.9 km) from the centre of the city.
Dressing for Washington
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the night-time average to be -5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and -5°C at night
- Washington gets about 1040 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of -4°C