Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 18 Jul 2020
Upscale-minded travellers enjoy visiting Modica though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches and spas. Around the area, top sights include Akrai Archaeological Park, Cathedral of Noto and San Lorenzo Beach.
- There are 277 hotels and other accommodation options in Modica
- The closest major airport is in Comiso (CIY-Vincenzo Magliocco), 12.8 mi (20.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Catania (CTA-Fontanarossa), 45.4 mi (73.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Modica
The city's cultural venues include Corso Umberto I and Chocolate Museum of Modica. The city is notable for landmarks like Cathedral of San Giorgio, Church of San Pietro and Castello dei Conti. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the countryside and Ispica Cave.
In Ragusa, you'll find 277 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Modica Old Town Rooms - Amenities in this 3-star townhouse accommodation include free WiFi and an LCD TV. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its convenient parking and central location.
- Palazzo Failla - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Palazzo 'Il Cavaliere' - B&B di Charme - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to limo/town car service and a computer station, along with a private yard. Expedia customers like its breakfast and room size.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Akrai Archaeological Park, located 15.6 mi (25.2 km) from the heart of the city, and Cathedral of Noto, which is 17.3 mi (27.8 km) away.
Getting around Modica
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Modica Station. Modica might not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Modica
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 18°C and the night-time average to be 10°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 11°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 20°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Modica gets about 22 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 10°C