Visitors can enjoy all that Middleham has to offer including its bars. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals. Top sights around the area include Richmond Castle, Yorkshire Dales National Park and Fountains Abbey.
- There are 23 hotels and other accommodation options in Middleham
- The closest major airport is in Durham (MME-Tees Valley), 21.5 mi (34.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Leeds (LBA-Leeds Bradford), 29.2 mi (47 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Middleham
A favourite place to visit in the city is Middleham Castle. Additionally, in the area you'll find Richmond Castle and Yorkshire Dales National Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 23 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Middleham. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- The Wensleydale Hotel is located in central Middleham. Guests who stay at this 3-star inn in Leyburn can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Priory is located in the heart of Middleham. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Leyburn can enjoy access to free breakfast and free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Richard III Hotel is located within 0.3 mi (0.5 km) of the city centre. This 3-star inn in Leyburn features free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Fountains Abbey, located 14.8 mi (23.8 km) from the city centre, and Lightwater Valley Theme Park, which is 11.9 mi/19.1 km away.
Dressing for Middleham
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 21°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- About 19 millimetres of rain falls on Middleham each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C