Search Hotels in Mayaguez
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 12 Aug 2020
Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Mayaguez, which is also known for its shopping and casinos. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment and beaches. Around the area, top sights include Church of Porta Coeli, Playa Sucia and Cabo Rojo Lighthouse.
- There are 45 hotels and other accommodation options in Mayaguez
- The closest major airport is in Mayaguez (MAZ-Eugenio Maria de Hostos), 3.8 mi (6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Aguadilla (BQN-Rafael Hernandez), 19.9 mi (32 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mayaguez
Attractions like Mayaguez Zoo and Tropical Agriculture Research Station are fun for everyone, not just kids. Notable city landmarks like Catedral de Nuestra Senora de la Candelaria and Plaza Colon might be worth a visit. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Mayagüez Mall is a favourite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 45 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Mayaguez. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Mayaguez and Tropical Casino - This 3-star hotel features a casino, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Howard Johnson Downtown Mayaguez - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Cárcel can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and a bar, along with free WiFi.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Church of Porta Coeli, 10.1 mi/16.2 km from the city centre, and Playa Sucia, which is 19.5 mi/31.3 km away.
Dressing for Mayaguez
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 31°C and the night-time average to be 17°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 33°C during the day and 18°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 21°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 32°C during the day and 18°C at night
- About 2162 millimetres of rain falls on Mayaguez each year
- Hottest months are usually June and September with an average temperature of 33°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 18°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Mayaguez?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Mayaguez, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Mayaguez?
What's the best place to stay for families in Mayaguez?
What's the best place to stay for a couple visiting Mayaguez?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Mayaguez?
What's the best accommodation option if you'd like to visit the local casinos in Mayaguez?
Mayaguez Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Mayaguez by Star Rating
- Hotels near Mayaguez Airports
- Areas of Mayaguez
- Accommodation near Mayaguez Attractions
- More accommodation types in Mayaguez
- Choose Your Mayaguez Hotel Style
- Search Mayaguez Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Mayaguez
- Hotels Near Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends