Search Hotels in Markfield
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 19 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 16 Oct 2020
Visitors to Markfield are sure to enjoy the restaurants and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting, gardens and coffee shops. Jewry Wall, Highcross Shopping Centre and Leicester Cathedral are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodation options in Markfield
- The closest major airport is in East Midlands (EMA), 9.4 mi (15.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Nottingham (NQT), 17.7 mi (28.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Markfield
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Jewry Wall, Highcross Shopping Centre and Leicester Cathedral. Additionally, in the area you'll find New Walk Museum and Ashby de la Zouch Castle.
As you plan your holiday to Markfield, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 217 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the region:
- The Fieldhead Hotel by Greene King Inns is located 0.9 mi (1.4 km) from the heart of Markfield. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Markfield can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Jurys Inn Hinckley Island is 0.6 mi (1 km) from central Markfield. This hotel in Markfield features parking and a 24-hour front desk.
Outside the city, top places to visit include National Space Centre, located 6.9 mi (11 km) from the city centre, and Donington Park Racing Circuit, which is 10 mi (16.2 km) away.
Dressing for Markfield
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 21°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 601.80 millimetres of rain falls on Markfield each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C