Those travelling to Maidstone are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. Top sights around the area include Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne Zoo and Marvel Stadium.
- You'll find 2692 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 4 mi (6.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine), 7.9 mi (12.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Maidstone
Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne Zoo and Marvel Stadium are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find Queen Victoria Market and Spirit of Tasmania Ferry Terminal.
As you make plans for a getaway to Maidstone, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city centre but there are 2138 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Gorgeous Emu House Getaway_V620 is located in central Maidstone. This guesthouse in Northern Suburbs features free WiFi and free parking.
- City West Stay_V645 is 0.4 mi (0.7 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 4-star motel in Melbourne can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
- Winston Fresh_V605 is located within 0.7 mi (1.1 km) of the city centre. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Docklands can enjoy access to parking and a business centre, along with an in-room kitchenette. Our customers like its beach locale and overall condition.
Popular places to visit in the area include Melbourne Central, 5.2 mi/8.4 km from the heart of the city, and Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, which is 5.3 mi (8.5 km) away.
Dressing for Maidstone
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 26°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 11°C
- From April to June, the average is 22°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 18°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 24°C as the daytime average and 8°C as the night-time average
- About 655 millimetres of rain falls on Maidstone each year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 25°C, while August and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 6°C