Visiting Long Beach
Visitors are sure to enjoy the restaurants, beaches, and skyscrapers in Long Beach. Visitors can also indulge in everything this welcoming, urban city has to offer, including its bars, shopping, and architecture.
- There are 2 Long Beach hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, while January tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.), 8 mi (12.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Long Beach
- Known for its live music scene, while Long Beach Historical Museum, Nikon at Jones Beach Theater, and Long Island Children's Museum are some local cultural sights
- The beach and island views highlight the natural beauty, and Lido West Beach, Long Beach, and Sandy Point County Park are some places worth a visit
- Shopping is a highlight of the area, so enjoy some retail therapy at Green Acres Mall, Roosevelt Field Mall, and Jamaica Colosseum Mall
- Cheer with the crowd at a game or event at Belmont Park or Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
Getting around Long Beach
There are plenty of options for getting around Long Beach. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Long Beach Station.
Staying in Long Beach
For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider a larger hotel like the highly rated Allegria Hotel, averaging GBP 270.19 per night. You might like Long Beach Hotel, averaging GBP 159.99 per night, for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay. A 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Allegria Hotel with a 3.2 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Long Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and -3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, while the average at night is 4°C
- July through September has daytime averages of 29°C with nighttime averages of 13°C
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 21°C and nighttime averages of -2°C
- About 1086 millimetres of rain falls on Long Beach each year