Visitors can enjoy all that Kirkcudbright has to offer including the monuments, art and golf courses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfront and gardens.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodation options in Kirkcudbright
- The closest major airport is in Glasgow (PIK-Prestwick), 52.5 mi (84.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Kirkcudbright
The city's cultural venues include The Whitehouse Gallery and Stewartry Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like MacLellan's Castle, Broughton House and Dundrennan Abbey. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Galloway Wildlife Conservation Park and Tolbooth.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Kirkcudbright. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- The Garret is located 1.3 mi (2.2 km) from the city centre. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Kirkcudbright can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and breakfast.
- Selkirk Arms Hotel is 1.4 mi (2.2 km) from the city's heart. This 4-star hotel in Kirkcudbright features 2 restaurants, free breakfast and free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Fludha Guest House is located within 2.4 mi (3.8 km) of the city centre. This 5-star bed & breakfast in Kirkcudbright features free breakfast, free WiFi and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Kirkcudbright
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Kirkcudbright gets about 47 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 18°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 1°C