Visitors can enjoy all that Killingworth has to offer including the parks and beaches. East Rock Park, Essex Steam Train and Toyota Presents Oakdale Theatre are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 80 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Old Saybrook
- The closest major airport is in New Haven, CT (HVN-Tweed - New Haven Regional), 17.9 mi (28.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in New London, CT (GON-Groton - New London), 27.8 mi (44.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Killingworth
The picturesque setting of Cockaponset State Forest and Chatfield Hollow State Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. In the area, you'll also find East Rock Park and Essex Steam Train.
As you make plans for a getaway to Killingworth, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 59 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Chatfield Hollow Inn is located 0.6 mi (0.9 km) from the heart of Killingworth. Guests who stay at this 3-star inn in Killingworth can enjoy access to free breakfast and a 24-hour fitness centre, along with an in-room fridge.
- Holiday Inn Express Hartford South - Rocky Hill is 21.1 mi (33.9 km) from the centre of Killingworth. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Rocky Hill can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Toyota Presents Oakdale Theatre, 14.6 mi/23.5 km from the centre of the city.
Dressing for Killingworth
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -6°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 20°C as the daytime average and -6°C as the night-time average
- Killingworth gets about 1298 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -5°C