Search Hotels in Kauai, HI
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 11 Mar 2020
Reviewed on 23 Nov 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Where to stay in Kauai
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Kauai, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, beautiful waterfalls and local tours. Top sights in the city include Hanalei Bay, Princeville Golf Course and Waimea Canyon.
- There are 2058 hotels and other accommodation options in Kauai
- The closest major airport is in Lihue, HI (LIH), 14 mi (22.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Kauai
Cultural venues in the city include Kilohana Plantation, Kauai Museum and Kokee Natural History Museum. Attractions like Kauai Mini Golf, Smith's Tropical Paradise and Kauai Coffee Company are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Kadavul Hindu Temple, Kilauea Lighthouse and Swinging Bridge.
In Hanalei, you'll find 2058 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star resort in Poipu can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Koa Kea Hotel & Resort - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this resort. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star resort in Poipu can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Hale Ho'o Maha Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Other favourite sights in Kauai include Hanalei Bay, Princeville Golf Course and Waimea Canyon.
Dressing for Kauai
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 19°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 29°C, whilst the average at night is 20°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 23°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 29°C and night-time averages of 19°C
- Kauai gets about 940 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 29°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 19°C
More trip options
- Hotels in Kauai by Star Rating
- Hotels near Kauai Airports
- Areas of Kauai
- Accommodation near Kauai Attractions
- More accommodation types in Kauai
- Choose Your Kauai Hotel Style
- Search Kauai Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Kauai
- Hotels Near Kauai, Hawaii
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends