Visiting Port Allen
Visitors can enjoy all that Port Allen has to offer including its beaches. Top sights around the area include Poipu Beach, Waimea Canyon and Nawiliwili Harbor.
- There are 859 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Lihue, HI (LIH), 16.3 mi (26.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Allen
A favourite place to visit in the city is Glass Beach. Additionally, in the area you'll find Poipu Beach and Waimea Canyon.
As you plan your holiday to Port Allen, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city centre but you'll find 707 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Kauai Beach Resort is located 17.7 mi (28.5 km) from the heart of Port Allen. This 4-star resort in Lihue features 4 outdoor pools, 3 restaurants and free WiFi. Our customers like its central location and comfortable rooms.
- Kauai Marriott Resort is 15.7 mi (25.3 km) from central Port Allen. This 4-star resort in Lihue features a full-service spa, a golf course and 6 restaurants. Our customers like its dining options and bar.
- Hilton Garden Inn Kauai Wailua Bay is 18.9 mi (30.4 km) from the centre of Port Allen. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Lihue can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Nawiliwili Harbor, located 15.4 mi (24.8 km) from the city centre, and Nawiliwili Bay, which is 15.5 mi/24.9 km away.
Dressing for Port Allen
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 27°C and the night-time average to be 18°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 19°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 21°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 30°C during the day and 18°C at night
- Port Allen gets about 487 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and September with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 18°C