Search Kansas City Hotels, Missouri
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 24 Nov 2020
Reviewed on 2 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 23 Aug 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 22 Nov 2020
Reviewed on 7 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 12 Sep 2020
Reviewed on 13 Oct 2020
Where to stay in Kansas City
Downtown Kansas City
4.5/5Wonderful!(2 area reviews)
Entrepreneurial spirit, gentrification and originality combine to create a district full of architectural treasures, boutiques, live music venues and theaters.
Country Club Plaza
Shop, dine or sip coffee at an outdoor table in this beautiful Spanish-style shopping area, which is scattered with picturesque statues and fountains.
Country Club Plaza Area
5/5Exceptional!(1 area review)
Country Club Plaza Area is beloved for its popular shops. Take some time to explore sights in the area like Fountain of Neptune and Mill Creek Park.
4/5Very Good!(1 area review)
While it's a historic part of Kansas City, this neighborhood in Midtown has a youthful atmosphere with its seasonal arts festivals, brewpubs, diverse restaurants, galleries and museums.
Crown Center District
Crown Center District is popular for its abundant dining options, and if you're looking for more to see and do, you might think about a trip to Crown Center or Union Station.
Visiting Kansas City
Travellers to Kansas City give high marks for the fun sporting events, entertainment choices and theatre. Tourists who journey to this urban city can discover its museums, live music and art. Top sights in the city include Hallmark Visitors Center, Liberty Memorial and Crown Center.
- There are 350 hotels and other accommodation options in Kansas City
- The closest major airport is in Kansas City, MO (MCI-Kansas City Intl.), 17.6 mi (28.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Kansas City
Known for its theatres, museums and live music, the city's cultural venues include Hallmark Visitors Center, Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art and Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art. Attractions like Union Station, Kansas City Zoo and Worlds of Fun are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Liberty Memorial, Harley-Davidson Factory and Kansas City Power and Light Building.
In North Kansas City, you'll find 350 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hawthorn - A Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its central location and quiet rooms.
- Crossroads Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Crossroads Arts District can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour fitness centre, along with free WiFi.
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Kansas City Liberty - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its bar and quiet location.
Other favourite sights in Kansas City include Crown Center, Country Club Plaza and Sprint Center. Outside the city, popular places to see include Argentine Carnegie Library, 4.4 mi/7.1 km from the heart of the city, and Legends Outlets Kansas City, which is 13.9 mi (22.4 km) away.
Getting around Kansas City
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Kansas City Union Station, Independence Station or Lee's Summit Station. Kansas City might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Kansas City
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°C and the night-time average to be -5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and -5°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Kansas City is 992 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of -4°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Kansas City?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Kansas City, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Kansas City?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday in Kansas City?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday to Kansas City?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Kansas City?
What's the best high-end hotel in Kansas City?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Kansas City?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Kansas City?
What's the best hotel for a ski holiday in Kansas City?
Kansas City Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Kansas City by Star Rating
- Hotels near Kansas City Airports
- Areas of Kansas City
- Accommodation near Kansas City Attractions
- More accommodation types in Kansas City
- Choose Your Kansas City Hotel Style
- Search Kansas City Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Kansas City
- Hotels Near Kansas City, Missouri
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends