Search Hotels in Kanazawa
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Kanazawa, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the museums. Cultural and walkable, this city attracts tourists with its gardens and seafood restaurants. Top sights in the city include Omicho Market, Kanazawa Castle and Kenrokuen Garden.
- There are 174 hotels and other accommodation options in Kanazawa
- The closest major airport is in Komatsu (KMQ), 17.8 mi (28.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Toyama (TOY), 30.4 mi (48.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kanazawa
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Ishikawa Ongakudo, Ishikawa Confectionery Culture Centre and Kanazawa Yasue Gold Leaf Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Kanazawa Castle, Oyama Shrine, and Daijoji Temple. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and these places to visit: Kenrokuen Garden, Honda Forest and Yuwaku Hot Spring.
Other top sights in Kanazawa include Omicho Market. Outside the city, popular places to visit include Ainokura Gassho-zukuri Village, located 19.1 mi (30.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Shirakawago Hirase Onsen, which is 30.6 mi/49.2 km away.
Getting around Kanazawa
If you want to venture outside the area, hop on a train at Kanazawa Station. Kanazawa may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Kanazawa
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 14°C and the night-time average to be 0°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Kanazawa is 39 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 1°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Kanazawa?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Kanazawa, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Kanazawa?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday to Kanazawa?
What's the best high-end hotel in Kanazawa?
What's the best hotel in Kanazawa to learn about local history?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Kanazawa?
Kanazawa Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Kanazawa by Star Rating
- Hotels near Kanazawa Airports
- Areas of Kanazawa
- Accommodation near Kanazawa Attractions
- More accommodation types in Kanazawa
- Choose Your Kanazawa Hotel Style
- Search Kanazawa Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Kanazawa
- Hotels Near Kanazawa, Ishikawa
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends