Visitors can enjoy all that Kalkaska has to offer including the casinos, golf courses and coffee shops. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its seafood restaurants. A top sight in the area is Torch Lake Park.
- You'll find 707 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Traverse City
- The closest major airport is in Traverse City, MI (TVC-Cherry Capital), 25.4 mi (40.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Kalkaska
Favourite places to visit in the city include Timber Wolf Golf Club, Grandview Golf Club and Twin Birch Golf Course. Additionally, you'll find Torch Lake Park in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Kalkaska. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- All Seasons Resort - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
- North Country American Inn - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this motel. This 2.5-star motel features free WiFi, free parking and a snack bar/deli.
- Granada Inn Motel - This 1.5-star motel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Torch Lake, 21.8 mi/35.1 km from the heart of the city, and Front Street, which is 26.6 mi (42.7 km) away.
Dressing for Kalkaska
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -11°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and -3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 19°C as the daytime average and -9°C as the night-time average
- About 799.70 millimetres of rain falls on Kalkaska each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 27°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -10°C