Search Hotels in Kagoshima
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 13 Feb 2020
Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Kagoshima, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the volcano viewpoints, port and spas. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its aquarium. Top sights in the city include Kagoshima Citizens' Culture Hall, Kagoshima Arena and Mount Sakurajima.
- There are 70 hotels and other accommodation options in Kagoshima
- The closest major airport is in Kagoshima (KOJ), 19.9 mi (32 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Kagoshima
Cultural venues in the city include Kagoshima City Museum of Art, Kagoshima Prefectural Museum of Culture and Museum of the Meiji Restoration. Attractions like Kagoshima City Aquarium, Hirakawa Zoological Park and Amuran Ferris Wheel are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Kagoshima Citizens' Culture Hall, Shiroyama Observatory and Mt. Shiroyama.
Other top sights in Kagoshima include Kagoshima Arena and Mount Sakurajima. A top sight outside the city is Chiran Special Attack Peace Museum, located 14.6 mi (23.5 km) from the centre of the city.
Getting around Kagoshima
With so many choices for transport, seeing Kagoshima is a breeze. If you want to journey outside the city, ride aboard a train from Kagoshima Chuo Station, Sakanoue station or Kagoshima Station. You can take a ferry across the water to see more of the region.
Dressing for Kagoshima
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 27°C, whilst the average at night is 7°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 17°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 24°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- Kagoshima gets about 1914 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 29°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 3°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Kagoshima?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Kagoshima, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Kagoshima?
What's the best place to stay when travelling with children to Kagoshima?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Kagoshima?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Kagoshima?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Kagoshima?
Kagoshima Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Kagoshima by Star Rating
- Hotels near Kagoshima Airports
- Areas of Kagoshima
- Accommodation near Kagoshima Attractions
- More accommodation types in Kagoshima
- Choose Your Kagoshima Hotel Style
- Search Kagoshima Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Kagoshima
- Hotels Near Kagoshima, Kagoshima
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends