Visitors to Itajai are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theme park, wineries and forests. Top sights in the city include Laranjeiras Beach, Beto Carrero World and Bombinhas Beach.
- There are 1163 hotels and other accommodation options in Itajai
- The closest major airport is in Navegantes (NVT-Ministro Victor Konder Intl.), 2 mi (3.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Joinville (JOI-Cubatao), 48 mi (77.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Itajai
Cultural venues in the city include Oceanographic Museum UNIVALI, Adelaide Konder Theater and Itajai Municipal Theater. Attractions like Beto Carrero World, Balneario Camboriu Cable Car and Unipraias Park are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Almirante Tamandare Square, Mirante do Encanto Lookout and Cristo Luz Monument.
In Balneario Camboriu, there are 1163 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily organise your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Santa Inn Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel in Barra Sul features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia travellers love its breakfast and WiFi.
- Pousada Casarão Schmidt - This 3-star pousada features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free parking.
- Pousada Paraíso Tropical - This 2.5-star pousada in Praia da Armação do Itapocorói features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
Other favourite sights in Itajai include Laranjeiras Beach, Bombinhas Beach and Vila Germanica Convention Center and Park.
Dressing for Itajai
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 18°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 30°C, whilst the average at night is 12°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 32°C with night-time averages of 12°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 32°C and night-time averages of 17°C
- Average annual rainfall for Itajai is 44 millimetres
- Usually October and September are the hottest months with an average of 31°C, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 12°C