Visiting Honeymoon Island State Park
Visitors can enjoy all that Honeymoon Island State Park has to offer including its beaches. Clearwater Marine Aquarium, Pier 60 Park and Sand Key Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 3495 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of St. Petersburg - Clearwater
- The closest major airport is in St. Petersburg, FL (PIE-St. Petersburg-Clearwater Intl.), 14.2 mi (22.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Tampa, FL (TPA-Tampa Intl.), 19 mi (30.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Honeymoon Island State Park
Clearwater Marine Aquarium, Pier 60 Park and Sand Key Park are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Tampa Bay Downs and Big Cat Rescue.
As you plan your holiday to Honeymoon Island State Park, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 856 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach is located 6.8 mi (10.9 km) from the heart of Honeymoon Island State Park. This 4-star hotel in Clearwater Beach features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and central location.
- Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa is 6.5 mi (10.4 km) from central Honeymoon Island State Park. This 4-star hotel in Clearwater Beach features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa and a private beach. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- The Godfrey Hotel & Cabanas Tampa is 17.3 mi (27.9 km) from the centre of Honeymoon Island State Park. This 3.5-star hotel in Tampa features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and central location.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Beach Walk, located 6.9 mi (11.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Coachman Park, which is 7.4 mi/11.9 km away.
Dressing for Honeymoon Island State Park
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 26°C and the night-time average to be 11°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 16°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 31°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Honeymoon Island State Park is 1390 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 33°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 12°C