Families will find kid-friendly activities in Hinckley, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city will delight tourists with its bars, spas and sporting events. Ricoh Arena, Jewry Wall and Leicester Cathedral are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodation options in Hinckley
- The closest major airport is in Coventry (CVT), 13 mi (20.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Birmingham (BHX), 16.3 mi (26.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hinckley
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Ricoh Arena, Jewry Wall and Leicester Cathedral. Additionally, in the area you'll find New Walk Museum and Highcross Shopping Centre.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Hinckley. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Arlan Apartments - Hinckley (Peymans) is located in central Hinckley. Located in Hinckley, this 4-star apartment features a kitchen, free WiFi and a living room.
- Station Road Sanctuary (Peymans) is located in the heart of Hinckley. Guests who stay at this 4-star apartment in Hinckley can enjoy access to free parking and an in-room kitchen.
- Jurys Inn Hinckley Island is 2 mi (3.3 km) from the city's heart. This 4-star hotel in Hinckley features 2 restaurants, an indoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and central location.
Top places to visit outside the city include Ashby de la Zouch Castle, 14.6 mi/23.5 km from the heart of the city, and National Exhibition Centre (NEC), which is 15.6 mi (25.1 km) away.
Getting around Hinckley
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Hinckley Station. Hinckley may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Hinckley
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and night-time averages of 1°C
- Hinckley gets about 696.30 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C