Travellers to Helston give high marks for the lively bar scene. The cosy and secluded setting also entices those visiting the city. Around the area, top sights include St. Michael's Mount, Porthminster Beach and St Ives Harbour.
- There are 186 hotels and other accommodation options in Helston
- The closest major airport is in Newquay (NQY-Newquay Cornwall), 28.7 mi (46.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Helston
Cultural venues in the city include Marconi Centre, The Old Cider Barn Arts and Crafts Centre and Helston Folk Museum. Attractions like Flambards, Cornish Seal Sanctuary and Poldark Mine are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Lizard Point, Gallery Anthony and Lizard Lighthouse and Heritage Centre.
Top places to see around the area include Land's End, located 22.7 mi (36.5 km) from the city centre, and St. Michael's Mount, which is 13.2 mi/21.2 km away.
Dressing for Helston
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 4°C
- From April to June, the average is 18°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 15°C as the daytime average and 6°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Helston is 26 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 18°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 5°C