Visiting Gulf Shores
Travellers to Gulf Shores give high marks for the beaches, live music scene and fun sporting events. Tourists who journey to this relaxing city can discover its festivals, theatres and seafood restaurants. Top sights in the city include Gulf Shores Beach, The Wharf and Fort Morgan.
- There are 5300 hotels and other accommodation options in Gulf Shores
- The closest major airport is in Pensacola, FL (PNS-Pensacola Intl.), 33.4 mi (53.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Mobile, AL (BFM-Downtown Airport), 35.3 mi (56.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gulf Shores
Known for its live music, festivals and theatres, the city's cultural venues include Orange Beach Indian and Sea Museum, Gulf Shores Museum and Holmes Medical Museum. Attractions like Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo, Waterville USA and Adventure Island are fun for kids of all ages. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Gulf Shores Beach, Gulf State Park and Perdido Key Beach.
In Foley, there are 5300 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Comfort Inn & Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and comfortable beds.
- Hampton Inn Foley - Our customers like the overall value and comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hilton The Lodge at Gulf State Park, AL - This 3.5-star hotel features 3 restaurants, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Gulf Shores include The Wharf and Fort Morgan. In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Fort Barrancas, located 21.8 mi (35 km) from the heart of the city, and Fort Gaines, which is 23.1 mi/37.2 km away.
Dressing for Gulf Shores
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 5°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, whilst the average at night is 12°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 32°C with night-time averages of 18°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 28°C and night-time averages of 5°C
- About 1666.50 millimetres of rain falls on Gulf Shores each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 32°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 6°C