Visiting Orange Beach
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Orange Beach, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing and welcoming setting. Top sights in the city include The Wharf and Perdido Key Beach.
- You'll find 5303 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Gulf Shores
- The closest major airport is in Pensacola, FL (PNS-Pensacola Intl.), 27.4 mi (44 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Mobile, AL (MOB-Mobile Regional), 48.4 mi (77.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Orange Beach
Favourite family attractions include Adventure Island and Arena The Next Level. The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Perdido Key Beach, Romar Beach and Ono Island. Dolphin viewing is just one of the top activities, while The Wharf and Gulf State Park Fishing Pier are sights to visit.
In Gulf Shores, you'll find 2178 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily plan your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Premier The Tides - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Orange Beach - Our customers like the dining options and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach/Gulf Front - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
Popular places to see in the area include Gulf Shores Beach, located 10.3 mi (16.6 km) from the city centre, and Fort Barrancas, which is 15.5 mi/24.9 km away.
Dressing for Orange Beach
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 23°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 5°C
- From April to June, the average is 32°C during the day and 12°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 18°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 28°C as the daytime average and 5°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Orange Beach is 55 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 32°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 6°C