Visiting El Arenal
Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in El Arenal, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping. El Arenal Beach, Cathedral of Santa Maria of Palma and Port of Palma de Mallorca are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 104 hotels and other accommodation options in El Arenal
- The closest major airport is in Palma de Mallorca (PMI), 3.2 mi (5.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in El Arenal
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: El Arenal Beach, Playa de Palma and Caló de Sant Antoni. Cycling is a top activity, and Port of El Arenal is one place to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Aqualand El Arenal to your agenda.
In Playa de Palma, you can choose from 104 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Paradiso Garden Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- AYA Seahotel - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool.
- Iberostar Selection Llaut Palma - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its beach locale and pool.
Top places to visit outside the city include Cathedral of Santa Maria of Palma, located 7.2 mi (11.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Port of Palma de Mallorca, which is 7.7 mi/12.3 km away.
Dressing for El Arenal
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 18°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 4°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 15°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 5°C as the night-time average
- El Arenal gets about 479.30 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 5°C