Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 24 Jan 2021
Reviewed on 25 Jan 2021
Reviewed on 6 Jan 2021
Where to stay in Edmonton
Travellers to Edmonton give high marks for the festivals, riverfront and theatre. Tourists who journey to this urban city can discover its entertainment, hockey games and shopping. Top sights in the city include Rogers Place, Commonwealth Stadium and Rexall Place.
- There are 389 hotels and other accommodation options in Edmonton
- The closest major airport is in Edmonton, AB (YEG-Edmonton Intl.), 16.6 mi (26.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Edmonton
Known for its festivals, theatres and live music, the city's cultural venues include Art Gallery of Alberta, Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium and TELUS World of Science-Edmonton. Attractions like World Waterpark, Galaxyland and Millennium Place are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Sir Winston Churchill Square, Stone Barn Garden and High Level Bridge.
Other favourite sights in Edmonton include Rogers Place, Commonwealth Stadium and Rexall Place.
Getting around Edmonton
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Edmonton is easy. You can take advantage of metro transport at Central Station, Bay-Enterprise Square Station and Corona Station. If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Edmonton Station.
Dressing for Edmonton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 7°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -16°C
- From April to June, the average is 22°C during the day and -3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and -15°C as the night-time average
- About 359.10 millimetres of rain falls on Edmonton each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -15°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Edmonton?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Edmonton, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Edmonton?
What's the best accommodation option when travelling with children to Edmonton?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday in Edmonton?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Edmonton?
What's the best luxury hotel in Edmonton?
What's the best boutique hotel in Edmonton?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Edmonton?
What's the best hotel for a ski holiday in Edmonton?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Edmonton?
Edmonton Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Edmonton by Star Rating
- Hotels near Edmonton Airports
- Areas of Edmonton
- Accommodation near Edmonton Attractions
- More accommodation types in Edmonton
- Choose Your Edmonton Hotel Style
- Search Edmonton Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Edmonton
- Hotels Near Edmonton, Alberta
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends