Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 11 Nov 2019
Reviewed on 31 Oct 2020
Pocket Guide: Doune
Guests are sure to enjoy the castle, restaurants and bars in Doune. Welcoming and cosy, this riverfront city also attracts visitors with its parks and wineries.
- You'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas October is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 28.7 mi (46.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Doune
- Wine tasting is just one of the many top activities, whereas Deanston Distillery and Famous Grouse Experience at Glenturret Distillery are great sights to visit
- Popular family attractions include Blair Drummond Safari Park and Auchingarrich Wildlife Centre
- Its castle and historic sites are notable, and landmarks include Cambuskenneth Abbey, Bannockburn Heritage Centre, and Inchmahome Priory
- The parks and rivers highlight the natural beauty, and Lake of Menteith, Drummond Castle Gardens, and Loch Earn are several places worth visiting
Staying in Doune
Seeking a charming or small, stylish hotel? You may enjoy The Woodside Hotel.
The Woodside Hotel, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Doune
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 18°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Doune is 1326 millimetres