Visitors to Dolgellau are sure to enjoy the gardens. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and countryside setting. Around the area, top sights include Barmouth Beach, Harlech Castle and Lake Vyrnwy. In Dolgellau, there are 64 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Dolgellau
The city's gardens and countryside provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Cader Idris Mountain. Additionally, in the area you'll find Barmouth Beach and Harlech Castle.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Lake Vyrnwy, located 15.6 mi (25.2 km) from the centre of the city.
Dressing for Dolgellau
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and 3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- About 27 millimetres of rain falls on Dolgellau each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 3°C